Cleaning Sewage in a Home
Sewer cleanup in Fallbrook, CA is certainly not a pleasant experience, but when a sewer backup happens, be sure to take care of it right away. Whether it occurs as the result of a flooded toilet or another issue, leaving the sewage in place can result in significant damage and even pose health risks to those in the home.
Taking Steps To Clean and Disinfect
The first step in the process is ensuring safety, so you should wear the right protective gear and ensure that the gas and electricity to the area you have to clean are shut off. Next, use the following steps to make sure that the area is sufficiently cleaned and sanitized:
• Drain all flood waters from the area.
• Remove all items that can be picked up and carried out of the space.
• Mix a low-suds detergent with warm water and completely scrub all surfaces.
• Use plain warm water to rinse thoroughly every area that you just cleaned.
• Sanitize the surfaces using bleach or a similar product.
• Use fans and open windows to air out the space and alleviate the humidity .
Preventing Future Sewage Backup
After you go through the sewer cleanup process, you probably understand this is surely something that you never want to have to tackle again. To help avoid it in the future, you should take the right preventative measures. The first step to this process is knowing what the possible causes are, which include tree roots causing blockages to the sewer lines, water in your basement deteriorating the elements that protect your home’s lines, and the sanitary main becoming blocked.
With this information about sewer cleanup and the prevention of future problems, you can better get the task completed and start working on the steps for restoring your home. Keep in mind that the faster you tackle the problem, the less damage that may occur.
Visit SERVPRO of Fallbrook/South Oceanside at http://www.SERVPROfallbrooksouthoceanside.com/ for more information about water restoration.